|Home > Policies|
|THE ART OF HEALING SCHOOL OF ENERGY MEDICINE
The Art of Healing School of Energy Medicine is housed
within the Angel Light Center for the Healing Arts in Elm
Grove, WI. Known by its acronym, AHSEM, the Art of Healing
is Wisconsin’s premiere school for Energy Medicine and
Spiritual Development training.
Thank you so much for being a part of the Angel Light
community. We welcome you.
Sheri Bauer, Director
Art of Healing School of Energy Medicine Angel Light Center
Certificates of Completion
Whether you are just curious, want to investigate new paths to your own health and healing,
or are looking for career enhancement or a complete change of direction, the Art of Healing
School of Energy Medicine has classes suited to your needs. The Art of Healing offers simple
basic instruction to very advanced “teaching the teacher” studies. The AHSEM program is the
first of its kind in the metro Milwaukee community. The classes are taught by certified, degreed
and very experienced teachers known for expertise in their particular area of instruction.
WHY COME TO THE ART OF HEALING SCHOOL OF ENERGY MEDICINE FOR YOUR EDUCATION?
At the Art of Healing School of Energy Medicine we believe that knowledge, competency and
professionalism must exist at the very foundation of Energy Work. The classes at the Art of
Healing School of Energy Medicine are designed to set a standard of education and experience
for those pursuing a path of self healing or for students that wish to apply Holistic practices
within the scope of their own careers or to work in the field of Energy Medicine and open their
own practices. The Art of Healing School of Energy Medicine offers certificates of study that
reward levels of accomplishment measured by credit hours and hands on experience.
CLASSES & CLASSROOMS
The Art of Healing School of Energy Medicine is located within Angel Light Center for the
Healing Arts in historic downtown Elm Grove, WI. It has approximately 2500 square feet of
space with two classrooms, two treatment rooms and an excellent retail area. Classes are
small and personal and range in size from 4-20 students.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
• Please allow enough time to get to class by the designated class start time. Coming late
may disturb the flow of the class and require teachers to take time away from the instruction
to repeat information.
• If you are unable to make a class due to unforeseen circumstances, please call the Center
at 262-787-3001 so that we may pass this information on to your instructor prior to the start
• No make-up classes are offered at Angel Light. Students who wish to make up a class
may do so with the next series of classes offered. Some classes are repeated twice within
a given year, however, many classes are offered only once per year. Therefore, attendance
becomes very important.
• The teacher, at his or her discretion, may assign outside reading and activities, research
papers, and/or the completion of case studies to meet the requirements of class attendance.
The granting of this dispensation would be at the discretion of the instructor and the
exception, rather than the rule.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
• Certificates of Completion and/or Certifications will be granted upon the completion of
any given class or class series provided the student has fulfilled the attendance require-
ments and has completed the assigned homework, research papers, experiential
assignments, case studies and practicum as designated by the Art of Healing School of
Energy Medicine and its instructional staff.
• Certificates will be awarded by the Art of Healing School of Energy Medicine on the final
day of a class series provided a student has completed all the class requirements at least
one week prior to the final class in any given series. Students who have not met the 7 day
parameter, will be issued their certificates via mail or may pick them up in person when the
instructor informs the School Director that all attendance requirements and all assigned
class work has been completed and gives the “go ahead” to release the certificate to
CLASS FEES & DISCOUNTS
• Students must be pre-registered for each class that they wish to participate in. Pre-
registration includes a 50% deposit to secure a seat. Because many of our classes have
maximums, the supply of seats may not meet the demand. Therefore, seating priority
will be given to those students who have pre-registered and have made their deposits
• Students who are making payment in full for a certificate series will be awarded a 10%
discount for the series they are enrolled in. Payment for a series must be made on or
before the start day of the first class in any given series.
• Students may take the first class in any given series to make sure that a class series is a
good match for their needs and goals. However, students who have committed to taking
the entire series will be given seating priority.
• Parking is available in the Angel Light parking lot adjacent to the building, or the Silver
Spur parking lot across the street where we have 13 secured parking spots. Street parking
on Watertown Plank Rd. and on the west side of Elm Grove Street is permitted.
• Full refunds or pro-rated refunds will be issued if a student incurs a medical emergency
prior to or during a classes series providing that he/she has a signed statement from their
• If a student has a non-medical emergency or a personal situation which enables them
from competing a class, workshop or class series, a pro-rated refund may be issued in the
form of a credit towards a future class in the amount of their deposit or payment in full as
long as this request is made with at least 3 days (72 hrs) notice prior to the posted class or
event. Students may elect to take the same class or have the amount of their payment
credited toward another class of their choice as class availability or seating permits.
• A cash refund may be granted upon written appeal; however, each refund granted will be
subject to a $10 administrative fee and each request for a refund must occur at least 3 days
(72 hrs) prior to the class, workshop, class series or scheduled event.
• If a student no-shows for a class, workshop or special event, no refunds will be disbursed
or credits applied for future classes. Some Classes/Events may have a no-refund policy.
• Students will be refunded their class deposits or payment in full when a class minimum
of at least (four) students has not been reached. SCHOOL CLOSURES
• If the City of Milwaukee and outlying communities declare a snow emergency and the
Milwaukee Public Schools are officially closed, Angel Light and the Art of Healing School
of Energy Medicine will close as well to ensure the safety of all students. Students will be
advised via email or a personal phone call if a class should need to be cancelled.
• Classes will not be cancelled as long as the roads are passable and snow emergencies
have not been declared.
• If your instructor needs to cancel/reschedule a class due to circumstances beyond their
control, your instructor will notify Angel Light and the Art of Healing School of Energy
Medicine to procure a unified decision to cancel. An email or phone call to you from the
instructor and/or an Angel Light staff member will then be made to advise you of the
cancellation and to let you know the make-up date for the cancelled class.
WHO TO CONTACT
• Your instructor will provide his/her contact information to you at the beginning of a class
or class series. In case of any concerns regarding the Art of Healing School of Energy
Medicine, the facility, the School policies, class instructors and/or the curriculum content,
please contact the school Director, Sheri Bauer, at email@example.com or by phone
at 262-787-3001. All concerns and information provided will remain confidential.
ABOUT THE LOTUS BLOSSOM
The logo for the Art of Healing School of Energy Medicine is the Lotus Blossom. The blossomed
lotus flower symbolizes spiritual growth, an awakening or transformation. The lotus grows out
of mud, our ignorance, to blossom above the water, into enlightenment. As it grows upward in
aspiration toward the light, its petals open out into a beautiful flower.
©Angel Light LLC